A young man is facing death after being violently assaulted and stabbed multiple times in Emdrup, Copenhagen.
A young man in his early twenties was violently attacked with a knife in the Emdrup area of Copenhagen, Denmark, on Friday evening. Police are continuing their investigation but have not made any arrests as of Saturday morning, according to TV2. Emdrup is located on the border of Copenhagen municipality, adjacent to the Gentofte district.
Details of the violent attack
Copenhagen police (Københavns Politi) stated that they received a report about the incident on Friday evening at 23:44, before police forces headed to the Emdrup Banke area, where they found the young man suffering from several serious stab wounds.
The Danish news agency Ritzau quoted Copenhagen police chief Nicolai Ullits as saying that the victim “was stabbed several times and is suffering from serious injuries,” adding that the young man was taken to Rigshospitalet hospital where he is still receiving treatment.
Nicolai Ullits told TV2 that the young man was in a life-threatening condition as a result of the assault, noting that doctors were performing surgery on him due to multiple injuries, including a punctured lung.
The police official added that the injured man's condition is described as "critical but stable," but at the same time stated that it is still too early to assess his final health status or predict the developments in his condition.
He explained that the police are waiting for the results of the surgery and the medical reports coming from the hospital.
Police reveal initial details
Copenhagen police chief Nicolai Ullits told the Ritzau news agency that initial data indicated there were two vehicles at the scene, explaining that people inside one of the vehicles tried to reach people in the other vehicle, before the situation escalated into a confrontation in which knives were used.
He added that investigations are still underway to determine the full circumstances of the incident and the identity of those involved.
No arrests have been made so far
Danish police confirmed that no suspects had been arrested as of the early hours of Saturday morning, despite search and investigation operations continuing throughout the night.
Nicolai Ullits said police are using all available resources to uncover the details of the case, adding that what happened was “extremely violent.”.
Suspicions of premeditation
The police chief on duty indicated that it was too early to determine whether the incident was linked to criminal gangs, but some indicators suggested that the attack was premeditated.
He added that investigators are continuing to gather evidence and listen to available information in order to determine the true motives behind the attack.
Police leave the scene of the incident
According to TV2, police forces left the area on Saturday morning after remaining at the scene for most of the night to conduct forensic examinations and collect evidence related to the case.








